10 NGOs in NY to whom you can donate your vehicles
NGOs not always require donations in the form of money. Sometimes your contribution in another forms may also help a lot.
There are NGOs that accept used/old stuff as donation. Some accept your vehicles too.
Here are 10 NGOs in New York that accept vehicles as donation:
- Wheels for Wishes: It is a car donation program and it helps local chapters such as Make – A- Wish. The vehicles that are donated to the program are sometimes auctioned and sometimes recycled. The funds raised this way are given to any local Make-A-wish chapter that helps to grant a large number of wishes to children diagnosed with serious life- threatening diseases. To this organization, you can donate Cars, Trucks, SUV, Boats, Motorcycles and any other vehicle. By donating your vehicle, you will get benefits of tax deduction along with the good work of charity that makes a child look forward to a wish.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Connecticut: This organization provides knowledge and help to those who suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, and their families. It helps them maintain as high quality life as possible.Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic disease that disables the central nervous system. The funds raised by the organization through events such as bike MS etc. and by the vehicles received as donations, is used in the research and advanced treatment of this disease.
- The Metro East Humane Society (MEHS) : It is a non-profitable charitable organization which strives to prevent cruelty to animals. They provide care and protection to all animals in the areas covered by the organization.The money raised by auctioning or recycling your donated vehicle will support the organization.
- American Kidney Fund : The American Kidney Fund helps the patients suffering from kidney diseases through direct financial support , education about the disease and efforts to prevent it. It is one of the leading organizations to provide assistance to dialysis patients. You can help them by donating your vehicle.
- Time’s Up : It is an environmental group which reaches out to people and educate them about the environment and promotes a greener city. Its Bike Co-op bicycle workshops provide pick-up and deduction in tax in case you want to donate your bicycle, bike-stands or any other tools that may help the workshops to conduct bicycle repair workshops.
- Recycle- A – Bicycle (RAB) : Recycle-A-Bicycle strives to empower the youth of New York City. It is a non-profit organization that uses a bicycle as a resource for environmental education and healthy living. You can donate your old bicycle to this organization.
- Goodwill Organization : The organization aims at empowering the individuals who are suffering from any form of disabilities and help them get employment, hence making them independent. It accepts any vehicle including cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, trailers, irrespective of its condition. The organization provides free towing and tax form.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York: Your old vehicles can be donated to Catholic Charities New York. The donation can help the charity raise funds for its existing programs and to enhance community awareness. You will get tax benefit and you will be saved from the hassle of advertisement and repairing your car while waiting for the buyer.
- Alzheimer’s Association Western New York : The association aims to eliminate the Alzheimer’s disease, to provide aid to those who are affected and to lower the risk of dementia. Seventy three percent of the funds that are raised by the association are used for helping the patients of Alzheimer’s and their families. You can help the association in its services by donating a vehicle.
- American Cancer Society: As per facts, 1 out of 3 people will face cancer diagnosis at some point in their lives. Instead of selling your used vehicles like cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycle etc., you can donate them to American Cancer Society. Your donation will help to fund research work as well as other programs such as providing free lodging, supporting calls related to cancer information, guiding women about breast cancer and other programs aiming at helping cancer patients and their families.